Infrared method is used by W3/230 Water Vapor Transmission Rate Test System: The test specimen is mounted in the diffusion cell, which is subsequently divided into a dry chamber and a controlled-humidity chamber. The dry side of the specimen is swept by a flow of dry nitrogen, and the water vapor permeating through the specimen from the controlled-humidity chamber is carried by dry nitrogen to the infrared sensor where proportion electrical signals will be generated. The water vapor transmission rate is obtained by analyzing and calculating the electrical signals. For package samples, dry nitrogen flows inside the package, and moisturized nitrogen flows outside.
ISO 15106-2, ASTM F1249, TAPPI T557, JIS K7129
- Based on the infrared sensor method.
- Three distinct or equivalent specimens can be tested individually with independent test results at one operation.
- Wide range and high-precision of temperature and humidity control to support various combinations of non-standard test conditions.
- Standard, proportional, and continuous testing modes facilitate to test different materials with distinct water vapor permeability.
- Convenient fast-access calibration ports for temperature and humidity.
- Embedded computer control system provides safer and more reliable data management as well as test operation.
- Three diffusion cells are integrated in one instrument with lower space occupancy rate and higher test efficiency
- Intelligent designs for test result evaluation, sensor calibration reminding, tracing or managing operation record provide a safe and easy operation environment.
- Detailed information for each test can be saved through embedded database storage technology, and users could view historical test data in various patterns.
|Specifications ||Film Test ||Package Test (Optional) |
|Test Range ||0.01 ~ 40 g/m2Â·24h (Standard) ||0.0001 ~ 0.2 g/pkgÂ·d |
|0.1 ~ 1000 g/m2Â·24h (Optional) |
|Specimen Size ||108 mm x 108 mm ||Temperature control for one package test: < Ð¤180 mm, Height < 380 mm |
|Temperature control for 3 package test: < Ð¤100 mm, Height < 380 mm |
|No size limitation for tests without temperature control device |
|Number of Specimen ||3 with independent test results |
|Specimen Thickness ||â‰¤3 mm ||/ |
|Test Area ||50 cm2 ||/ |
|Temperature Range ||15Â°C ~ 55Â°C (standard) |
|Temperature Accuracy ||Â±0.1Â°C (standard) |
|Humidity Range ||0%RH, 35%RH ~ 90%RH, 100%RH |
|Humidity Accuracy ||Â±1%RH |
|Carrier Gas ||99.999% high-purified nitrogen (outside of supply scope) |
|Flow of Carrier Gas ||0 ~ 200 mL/min |
|Pressure of Carrier Gas ||0.28 MPa/40.6 psi |
|Port Size ||1/8 inch copper tubing |
|Instrument Dimension ||690 mm (L) x 350 mm (W) x 360 mm (H) |
|Power Supply ||AC (85 ~ 264)V (47 ~ 63)Hz |
|Net Weight ||70 kg |
3. Paper and Paper Board
5. Package Caps
6. LCD Monitor Films
7. Solar Back-Sheets
8. Plastic Packages for Drugs and Health Care Products
9. Plastic Pipes
10. Blister Packs
11. Aseptic Wound Protection Films and Medical Plasters
12. Fuel Tanks of Cars
13. Battery Plastic Shells
14. Paper Cups and Bowls