Abrasion resistance of ink layer is one important parameter that is used to evaluate the printing quality.
Labthinkâ€™s MCJ-01A Rub Tester can be used to test abrasion resistance of ink layer on paper and paperboard.
The tests are performed according to the following procedures:
1. Cut one piece of specimen from the provided sample and then fix the specimen in the test plane of the instrument. The size of the specimen should be 230mmÃ—50mm.
2. Use a reflection densitometer to measure the density of the ink layer on the surface of the specimen.
3. Fix the rubber pad on the test block and then place it onto the specimen.
4. Set rub times and then start tests. The rubber pad with test block will rub on the specimen surface until the preset rub times are completed.
5. When tests are finished, the density of ink layer will be measured by reflection densitometer and the abrasion resistance of the specimen will be calculated.
For more details about MCJ-01A Rub Tester, please visit www.labthink.com